Root Canal Treatments
Call (407) 915-3646 to Reach Our Winter Springs Dentists
When tooth decay breaks through the enamel of your tooth and is beginning
to cause an infection, it is important to receive root canal therapy.
At Collins Dental, we want you to avoid any extractions. During a root
canal procedure, you will undergo one or more visit in order to completely
clear the decay.
The procedure includes the following steps:
- X-ray - This will determine the shape of the root canals, as well as signs
- Local anesthesia - This isn't always the case, but most dentists will
numb the area around the tooth to increase your comfort level during the
- Rubber dam - A rubber dam is placed around the tooth so that the area stays dry.
- Drilling - The dentist will drill a hole that allows access to the problem area.
- Removal - Pulp, bacteria, debris, and decayed nerve tissues are removed
from the tooth.
- Cleaning - Files are placed into the access hole to scrub and clean the
sides of the root canal, and debris is flushed away.
Signs You Need a Root Canal Treatment
If you are experiencing any of the following signs, you may need a root
- Sensitivity to hot or cold
- Severe pain when chewing or pressure is applied
- Swelling of the gums
- Pimple on the gums
It is important to know that symptoms are not always present and your tooth
can be decaying without you even knowing. This is why regular check-ups
are recommended; to catch certain problems of which you may not be aware.
Are you unsure if you need a root canal treatment?
At Collins Dental, we offer
to our patients.
Why Collins Dental?
When it comes to patient satisfaction,
Collins Dental is tough to beat. We have more than 28 years of combined experience and
provide all of our patients with a friendly, comfortable setting in which
they can receive the proper care they need. We know that dentist visits
are something that can come out of nowhere, and you may not be prepared.
This is why we are open extended hours, in addition to providing financing
options so you can receive the necessary treatment without having to worry
about a financial problem.
The health of your teeth is important to us, as is your total satisfaction.
Don't hesitate to come into our office if you are in need of root
canal therapy or any other treatment. We look forward to helping you.
Call today at (407) 915-3646
to speak with our Winter Springs dentists.
If you have recently had a procedure or treatment at our office, please
look at the post-operative instructions below for assistance: